Introduction: Who We Are
Blue Fox Technology Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. We are a micro-business. We design and make maps and design and make software and applications for maps and data. Our leading software is called OpusMap and is hosted on secured servers in London. Our customers access and use OpusMap via a standard web browser on their computer. We have a website www.opusmap.co.uk which explains more about our software and services.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Blue Fox. We are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We will handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We also aim to be as transparent as possible about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
Why We Collect Data
Like any commercial company in order to continue being successful and to help us to win contracted work and thereby generate income to keep us in business we have to sell and market our company, our services and our products to both existing customers and to potential new customers. We collect data on a business-to-business (B2B) basis about individuals who work in organisations and who we believe we should be communicating with to make them and their organisation aware of what we do and to keep our company, services and products in their minds when they come to make a buying decision.
We also work in an environment where technology and services relating to technology change rapidly and significantly. Each customer we work with has unique and different requirements both in terms of what we do for the customer and how the customer works with us. We work with customers whose operational and project requirements are regularly affected by changes in technology, by changes in regulation and by changes in their workplace priorities. Keeping in regular contact with you and maintaining and updating the data we collect about you helps us to identify where and how those changes may impact us and the services and products we provide and where and how they may impact you and the organisation you work for. We believe that collecting this type of data about you helps us to be in a better position to help you and to provide a product, service or solution that is relevant and beneficial to you.
We never sell, rent or trade this data to any other organisations and use it purely to maintain contact with the individuals and organisations that we believe are relevant and important to ensuring our continued business growth and development.
How We Use Your Data
Blue Fox Technology uses your data:
- to provide products and services to you;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes so we can understand your requirements;
- to help us manage our customer service relationship with you.
Blue Fox Technology uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and to update you about our business and our work with customers.
We also want to update you about products & services which are hopefully of interest and of relevance to you as an individual or to the organisation you work for. We will do this either by sending an email directly to you with information that has been written specifically for you or we will send an e-newsletter from a mailing list that we generate and maintain. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us directly by telephone or email or by using the “unsubscribe” link in marketing emails.
Mailing List and Contact Database
As part of the registration process for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information:
- to tell you about products and services we provide;
- to give insight into market trends and new technologies that we think are of interest to you;
- to give advice and tips about making best use of maps, data and related software either we supply or are supplied by other organisations and companies;
- to show you how our customers use our products and services so you can better understand how our products and services may benefit you;
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied with what we are doing.
- We don’t rent or trade email lists or our contact database with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to mailings generated from MailChimp at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer David Cooper on email@example.com.
At times we do provide access to our mailing list and to our contact database to a trusted telesales company called DGM Business Solutions Ltd with whom we have worked for a number of years. The contact database is stored and maintained in an online CRM and access to it is via a username and password that is generated by our data protection officer. Access is restricted to our data protection officer and to named individuals within the telesales company.
The data maintained in the CRM is used to populate the mailing lists we use in MailChimp for sending out our newsletter. We organise individuals in our contact database and in our mailing list based on the following categories to help us ensure that newsletter content is relevant and to help us prioritise that content:
- Type of Blue Fox Technology customer – e.g. by what products or services you use
- Type of prospect or potential customer – e.g. what products or services you might be interested in buying in the future based on information we have received from you at a face-to-face meeting, by telephone or by email.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer David Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We review this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.